Monday, April 28, 2014

Week 8 : Stereotype and the Ethics of Representation



        I think its crazy that Guy Delisle went inside North Korea with a copy of 1984 and made a novel about his experiences working as an animator in North Korea.  That takes a lot of courage, and is a risky move considering the zero tolerance policy in there.

        Its interesting because I had no idea that animation was out sourced to North Korea, I know American companies are trying to cut cost and be cheap but I cant imagine what pay and work hours are like there. 


        There’s something so dark about the silence in the panels, its scary to think about daily life in there. I do wonder if they are aware of the totalitarian shadow that lures behind them. Or if the brainwashing actually works and they do think that they are the supreme nation and their dictators are rightful Gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment